Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Henley Jetty

Hello everyone a warm welcome to my blog 
today I am showcasing my part 2 February DT project for Maja Design 


for this beachy design I stitched a circle on the paper
 and began my layering with diecut tags .

'HENLEY JETTY' 
 I shot this photo facing the foreshore watching my hubby and my grand daughter walking along one of the rustic old Jetties here in Adelaide.
 A beach side suburb called Henley Beach
The textured swirl to me speaks of the waves, froth and the salt .
The heart represents how much I love this photo and my treasureD hubby and grand daughter .
 The stitched circle demonstrates the never ending circle of the oceans movement. 
Constantly moving and flowing around and around … quite mesmerising  and beautiful to watch the rolling, frothing, foaming of the waves



The title ‘Henley Jetty “ is created from the Die Cut letters …. I mounted each letter on foam tape and I think the title looks totally rustic and beautiful .

I chose to go mono-chromatic with the blues and white in order to allow the weathered and rustic boards on the Jetty to stand out in the photo . 
I love to imagine all the different feet and shoes that have walked these boards and the wind, the rain and ocean salt pounding year after year . Jetties have always fascinated me how they withstand so much weather and time and the never ending pounding and crashing waves of the ocean against the boards .

Maja Design materials – Vintage Winter/ December , Vintage Spring Basics/ 5th March, 6th March, 7th March ……It’s Christmas time/ Die Cut Letters

Thanks so much for popping by and taking a look at all the inspiring ideas from the design team …
until next time. 
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful! This just draws you right in to the picture. Fabulously done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my you are the absolute QUEEN in scrapbooking, I LOVE your monochromatic approach to it. You are truly an inspiration, love every piece of art you create!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to take pictures like this - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing lay-out! The tags look wonderful and the touches of bling are simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a gorgeous layout! love the monochromatic color scheme and details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw this on the Maja DT Blog, it's totally stunning Heather!! They are so lucky to have you on their team!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so Beautiful Heather!! love the colours, and the feel is so tranquil,xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL....my DH is at this minute doing 'CPR' on his little wharf/jetty for his little boat! The water washed his bottom step away!!! ANyways....love your jetty photo...the title looks perfect & my favest bit is those layered tags...the look fabulous:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing work girl !!!

    And i really enjoyed details <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the muted colors, the heart and the stitching circles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jetty's are wonderful things arent they? They withstand so much ocean and beating waves, and they look great weathered and worn.. love your photo, and your layout has so much emotion in it too.. stunningly beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sheer poetry on a page Heather...Your Art is superb...I can honestly say, I'm always inspired by your pages. This is another one worthy of being published in a book of "the best of scrapbooking by Heather"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is lovely! I love Henley and I love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Breathtaking Heather. I will never tire of looking at your gorgeous pages. Your details are always just perfect and I love to hear what the different elements symbolizes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunner a always, loooove looking your works !!! Marta x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your description is as beautiful as your page Heather! as so many before me have already said, it's pure delight to look at your work, always perfectly executed for eye and soul! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This page is fabulous!!! I loved!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Heather this page is truly beautiful. I love the design and all the elements and how they come together with you love of all... Wonderful symbolism on this layout and I just love that photo... A true work of art and another fave for me... well they are all faves really this is just a new fave <3 thinking of you always <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another absolute astonishing page Heather!!! As said already...I can also never get tired of seeing your work...always something to wow me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another exquisite page Heather!! An amazing photo and I love how the elements around the page represent different aspects of it. Like the textured swirl and the stitched circle. You have such a wonderful feel for nature and you are an amazing talent. Once again, I am in awe!! Adore this!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome work with "no colors"! You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete