Friday, June 15, 2012

The END of my TERM

over at Once Upon a .. SKETCH 
here is my very last sketch for OUAS.... 
THE THEME IS BIRTHDAYS 

I want to say "a very special thanks to Nadia "
I remember how excited I was when you asked me to join in with the team 15 months ago. 

How lucky I felt to be given this amazing, artistic opportunity, and Oh what a journey it has been !!!!
Once upon a Sketch marked the beginning of my DT journey.
since then I have been asked by so many people to join their teams
 and I am so grateful and humbled to be recognised in this way 
big hugz to you Nadia , I will always remember you.
Thanks for the fabulous Ride !!!! mwah xoxxo

Below is Nadia's beautiful sketch .
We would like you to create a layout and interpret the theme "BIRTHDAYS" however you like based on the following sketch. You can journal as little or as much as you like, but your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch below. Please make sure that we see some sort of journalling on your layouts and please tell us where your journalling is . Hidden journalling is perfectly fine. 

Ideas for Journalling:most memorable birthday celebration for you or anyone in your family, the last birthday you celebrated and tell us your thoughts on turning this age, your child's/other family member's birthday and your thoughts on their age, a birthday that was a turning point in your life and your excitement/fears or other thoughts you had, an upcoming birthday for you or anyone and your thoughts, the best birthday present you ever received/gave and why?. You can also base your layout on a non - person birthday. This means your birthday theme can be based on : a pet, a business venture, a milestone anniversary etc etc. Its up to you how you interpret "BIRTHDAYS


I chose to use a pic of my grandson celebrating his 13th birthday 
Becoming a teenager is a huge milestone 
happy birthday DAKOTA xoxox

"REMEMBER "

 the magnificent Imaginarium Designs chippies ... these steampunk cogs are one of my faves 


hope you are inspired to join in the fun over at Once Upon a ....Sketch 

thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave me some love 
I love reading all the words you leave for me 
hugz to you all 
Heather x

23 comments:

  1. Awesome lo my friend! Love what you did with that clock...the colors and doodling on it look fab, as does the rest of your gorgeous lo! I guess we'll be playing along now as an 'entry' player....that's going to be fun too! Have a great weekend!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I will always remember you , not just for your amazing work at OUAS but for many other reasons you know about :) It was my privilege to have you at OUAS all this time and as I always told you , it was a matter of time before your talent was recognised ! Keep going strong!THANK YOU for everything always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! It was a great ride and a honor to work with not only talented, but great people too! I am happy I have found a new scrappy friend like you! You are a STAR!
    Hugsss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous LO Heather - love the awesome colour scheme and those fab chippies. Gorgeous pic of your grandson. Love all the layers and heartfelt journalling. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS Heather! I loveeeeeee the colors, the distressing and love love love love love the gears!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is gorgeous, as always Heather- love the colors, distressing, stamping, chippies- all perfect!!
    You've been such an inspiration to me and many, many others out there I'm sure. I first was introduced to you through OUAS and have enjoyed watching you grow as an artist- your work truly is amazing!
    Thanks for everything you do!
    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning layout Heather - love the colour combination and the chippies are amazing! I'll miss seeing your LOs at OUAS! Hugs! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing as always Heather......and I will miss your creating over there but look forward to seeing you other places :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. he is a beautiful child. always wonderful work as always....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning boy's page you have made so cool.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous layout Heather, I will miss seeing your wonderful interpretations of the OUAS sketches but I know you will be doing amazing creations elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous sketch and great interpretation. Really love the photo of your grandson too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, love the rustic look to this. And the torn edges add some great dimension!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This page is completely amaizing, I love the colors the textures and specially this picture...totally adorable.

    kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing page Heather.. love the colours... the distressing and inking look fantastic!! hugs :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally devine as always Heather. You have done a fabulous job of this sketch & your colours are fabulous. Love your attention to detail. Always superb. Love it. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your 'masculine' LOs & this is no exception...sweet-sad being at the end of your time, I guess...but lovely way to 'bow out':):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Heather, you have provided so much inspiration in all the DT's you have and are in, your work is distinctively classy and well designed and presented.. I always love what you create, you have shown you don't need to go overboard with expensive products and often your layouts are created with bare space and heart felt journalling which adds to the loveliness... I love this, masculine yet beautiful.. and all the best with any more dt you go on, you really shine no matter what the criteria of the challenge is!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful layout Heather, and I know you will be so very missed at OUAS - everything you create always has so much passion and soul within in.. a real joy and inspiration to view each one.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally super awesome page here Heather, you will be sadly missed at OUAS, as they say, one door closes but another one is waiting to be opened, full of surprises. :)
    have a good week :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Heather...You will be sadly missed at OUAS...and this layout is totally stunning...love the colors used...hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pic and just love the colour combo you chose. Again, your chippy work is just stunning and there is so much emotion in every page you create. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Heather, another gorgeous, inspiring layout!! Love the colours & the grungy boy look :-) I may case this myself!!

    ReplyDelete